Sunday, January 15, 2017

Prevailing Circumstances


We have hit rock bottom.  I have tried not to say too much about how rough a journey this has been, but I also don't want to forget all that has transpired.  From the first day we heard of the assignment, we have encountered road block after road block after road block.  Our passports and visas were both delayed, then there was an issue with getting reimbursed from the company, cancelling my gym membership took a marriage license, letter from J's boss and a bank statement and countless hours of time, there were paperwork mishaps, forms that didn't get given to us or signed, our sea shipment has been delayed twice and then we got here only for me to come down with the flu.  I spend most days lost and circling roundabouts, I can't figure out the conversions on food or even where to find things (eggs are on the home baking aisle). I have been at my breaking point for some time, regardless of the smiles that we put up on facebook.  Today we found out that the rental house that we had leased fell through. So, now we do not have a place to live.  On top of that, we brought furniture based ont he house we had rented, meaning she was leaving us a couch, which means I left mine in Texas, which means I have to buy a couch. Not part of the plan. Rock. Bottom.  Jamison and I are weary, we are tired and it hurts to go on.  I will say that the Lord has been showing Himself little by little but it's hard not to question where He is.  I have gotten at least 3 emails and then the Scripture today of Ephesians 6:12 "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."  All through Ephesians 6 we are called to stand, but standing is difficult right now for both of us.
Jamison opened his email to find the above quote from Alistair Begg.  We are doing our best to trust God even as circumstances prevail against us.

No comments:

Post a Comment