Thursday, February 23, 2017

Lucca


 We took a little adventure off the beaten path to a town called Lucca. Charming Renaissance town.
I am so thankful for Google so I don't have to remember all the facts that I learned. My old, mom brain can't keep them all straight.  Here is what Google has to say:

Lucca is a city on the Serchio river in Italy’s Tuscany region. It’s known for the well-preserved Renaissance walls encircling its historic city center and its cobblestone streets. Broad, tree-lined pathways along the tops of these massive 16th- and 17th-century ramparts are popular for strolling and cycling

An easy day was just what we wanted and we knew the kids would love strolling the ancient walls. The walls are 12 meters high and 4.2 km long. A runners place for sure. We saw many runners on the walls and it made me want my shoes.

Instead we took a half lap around on foot, allowing the kids to run ahead.  Michaela loved climbing on to the actual wall.  At one point, an older Italian lady came up to us and started shaking her finger with a tsk-tsk look on her face.  The only word I caught was bambino. She then walked off shaking her head.  Not a clue what she said but we knew we had been reprimanded so we made Michaela get off the wall.






We took the next lap on a family bike. Oh what an adventure. Mainly it was Jamison and I peddling. I bailed when we got the the hill leading back to the rental. It was downhill into a main street and the brakes were a little suspect to say the least.





We had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment