Friday, March 31, 2017

Major and Monroe

Mom, Me, Em (&twins!), Cousin Amy, Aunt Sandy
One of the hardest things about living overseas is missing out on major life events....like celebrating your niece and nephew!  Friday morning, I was in tears because I wasn't going to be able to make the baby shower.  A few other mishaps happened in England and I was sobbing at my computer; it was 9 am.  Jamison, who was working from home that morning, walked through and more or less said, "that's it."  He got a suitcase, helped pack me up, picked up the phone, called United and 2 hours later had me sitting in the airport waiting to go to Texas. TEXAS!  HOME!  Best.Husband.Ever.

I sent dad a quick note letting him know I was on the plane and 11 hours later I was surprising Emilie and Justin to celebrate their twins, Major and Monroe. It was a beautiful weekend for the shower and to celebrate the upcoming arrival of the babies.  Added bonus: lots of sun and TexMex.  I managed to eat Mexican 4/4 days!

Me & Erica

Me & Mayra

I loved getting to see my family, go for a run with Mayra and my Woodlands running group, have dinner with Erica, get some vitamin D and recharge before heading back. Thank you, J!

No comments:

Post a Comment