Monday, March 13, 2017

Salisbury


Though I spent several days in the burn unit in Salisbury and had several more trips back to have my burn inspected, I did not have the time to visit the Cathedral.  This past Sat, Hope's netball game took us back to Salisbury, so we decided to visit the Cathedral and see one of the copies of the Magna Carta. We all learned that this was decreed to help establish that the King was not above the law and was also critical in establishing the parliament.  As a surprise while we were there, we also got to see the oldest working clock, dating back to the 1300s.




Let's throw down the gauntlet!





 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been good about writing comments but am loving reading about your adventures! The Texas-isms are cracking me up! I feel a bit like you...people in the mid-west use different isms, too and I find myself using them sometimes. But, after a glass of wine, this statement becomes true, "You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the girl!" :)

    ReplyDelete