Saturday, April 15, 2017

HIghclere Castle

Thanks to Assia, my all things where to visit British informant, I may have become daughter of the year.  I had no idea that Highclere Castle, the place where Downton Abbey was filmed, was less than an hour from my house. Seeing as I did not know this, I did not make an advance booking for tickets. Jamison however came to the rescue....we left bright (well cloudy) and early and we were the first people in line for walk up tickets. Thank you Jamison and Assia....my parents were thrilled as they are avid watchers of the show.  It was gloomy and windy, but the grounds were still breathtaking. We were able to take a tour through the castle, but were unable to take photos inside.

To all my Downton friends...this one is for you:



What a goof!





No comments:

Post a Comment