Wednesday, April 19, 2017

The Hills are Alive

Actually the hills were covered in snow!  When we checked the weather a week ago, we were supposed to get sun and highs of 61, instead we got snow and more snow!  In fact it snowed the whole week.  It was beautiful but we froze. However, that did not put a damper on this tour - the Sound of Music.  One of my favorite movies, my Nana's favorite movie and now becoming one of my children's favorite movies.  We have watched it three times since arriving here and now know all of the words...raindrops on rose and whiskers on kittens....

These are a few of my favorite things:

This is the back of the house where they filmed. The inside was filmed in Hollywood. They built a terrace outside and the gazebo would have been to the left.



I am 16 Going on 17.....three different gazebos were used in the filming of the scene.




The lakes outside of Salzburg.  I'm sure in the sun they are stunning....







I love that my kids are trying to kill one another with snowballs next to a couple trying to be lovey dovey. Makes me laugh.

Remember the children skipping and singing Doe A Deer, a female deer. Ray a drop of Golden sun?  We don't sound nearly that good:



The Hills are Alive with the Sound of Music....



Jamison is not quite as amused as I was. The hills are alive with the sound of music.

The wedding did not take place inside of the Abbey where they had filmed. It is still a working Abbey so the crews were not allowed inside. The producers found out a church in a town of Mondse. I wish we could have stayed longer in the town, it was charming.  We also tried apple streusel while we were there.  Here's the chapel and inside from the film.

How do you solve a problem like Maria? How do you catch a cloud and pin it down? 





No comments:

Post a Comment