Monday, May 1, 2017

Choose Joy!

May: Five months and it is still rough. Daily one or more of the children asks to move home, to go live with Mimi and Pops. A month ago we had a family meeting and discussed the reality of moving.  I was so proud of the children as all of them said, "we go as a family" when we told them that the only way to go home would be for daddy to stay.  No one wanted to leave Jamison here. That was short lived, a month later and they are saying, "Dad will be fine.  We can go."  We are staying. As much as it pains me to say, there is now a valuable life lesson. We can not bail because it is tough.

I have talked to them at length how hard it is for me too, how lonely, how much I miss my friends and the sun. However, we have had some great discussions about choices. We have a choice to make and that is to choose joy.

Back in December, KSBJ had the joy pledge and we have posted it on our white board to remember:


Philippians 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say rejoice!"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment