Saturday, May 27, 2017

Happy Birthday!

The first family birthday to celebrate abroad. Jamison was in Texas as his grandfather is turning 101. I hope he had some fajitas to celebrate me, that's what I would have had if I had been home. Instead on a dreary day the kids and I stayed in our pajamas, watched movies and had chips and queso (Velveeta and Rotel I brought with me) for lunch. YUM!  The sun did come out late afternoon and my wonderful friends here had a dinner and celebrated me!

I do have to note that before I went to the party, Catherine stopped by to give me a birthday run.  She said that she knew with Jamison being out of town that I wouldn't get to run. She already knew me well enough to know I would want one. I was overwhelmed with how thoughtful her gift to me was. I got to get out and have a run! Glorious.

Then Colette and Sam graciously hosted a party for me for our home group. I so love the group. Every one looks out for one another and they wanted to make sure that I was celebrated. Sam got the croquet set out and taught my kids. He also built them a wigwam. Dinner was wonderful and my friend, Chrissie's daughter Lucy (Hope's friend) baked me a wonderful cake!  It was so great to see everyone even though I didn't get an entire group picture. Thanks Amanda, Hannah, John, Collette, Sam, Chris, Chrissie and Kit for celebrating with me!  I am blessed.


Heading out.


Croquet lessons!



Singing Happy Birthday!

Zoe, Lucy, Chrissie, Sophie, my crew and Sam.

My wonderful cake! YUM!

Kids enjoying the teepee.

Beautiful Hope helping in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment